Monday 7 August 2017

York - Street Level

After spending a few days in Oxford we headed North towards York.  We had not been able to visit York the last time I was in the Uk with my family, and I was looking forward to going there.  In the dim and distant past I was a student in York and had a great time - so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane.

These are some of the pictures I took - mainly at street level.

York Minster from the City Walls
Roof tiles on Station Road Bridge

Feral Pigeon - Yorkshire Museum

King George Letter Box - Chapel House Street

High Petergate York
York is a place that even has old letter boxes - what more could you ask for?

You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

  1. Love that first shot

    (I should renew my passport)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful city scenes!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful city scenes and photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    LOVE that roof tile shot... my kinda thing that!!! Not that the rest are shoddy...&*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A place that I have not visited so it was good to have a virtual tour. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to visit! Loved the streetscape shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see York again Stewart, its a while since I was there, your photos show the place off well.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed my visit to York in 2013, and revisiting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of York ~ especially interested as I have Yorkshire terrier ~ bet you had a great time ^_^

    Posting daily now ~ hope you check out my new blog design ~ thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely captures...Second picture is very much beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shots bring back happy memories of when I visit York and walked the walls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't been there for ove 30 years but there's bits I recognise. Need to go back sometime......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ...what a great place to study and live....imagine it was fun to show your kids your old haunts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the architecture...BEautiful.....I never heard a pigeon described as "feral"..interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice photos! That pigeon looks very friendly. Kind of surprising since they are usually scared of humans. #OurWorldTuesday

    ReplyDelete