Monday 11 February 2013

Our World Tuesday - The Hazards

You may have noticed that I have a bit of a love affair with Tasmania.  I'd move there in a second - but there are very good family reasons not to.  So, I'll have to make do with fleeting visits and longer trips now and then.

This is the view over Coles Bay towards The Hazards.  The images in a previous post were taken from the highest point on this line if hills.

In the dim and distance past a mass of race was pushed up from deep within the Earth.  It found some weaknesses in the sedimentary stone above it and formed domes of cooling granite.  Over the long ages the over lying rock was worn away by time and even ice.  The domes, being made of sterner stuff resisted the hand of time and now stand clear of their overburden.  I think they look like the knuckles of  a fist, punching its way to the surface.

I could look at this view for a very long time.




When you swan in the water it was like you floating in nothing -  just being held up some unseen hand.  Its a remarkable place.

You can find more images from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

Enjoy the pictures.

25 comments:

  1. it is many years, my only visit to Tassie and I LOVED Freycinet and Coles Bay was very impressive to me also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice images, especially the first one. The water in the foreground adds a lot to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos both of them, Stewart.
    Have a nice week!☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make it sound like paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome place!! Great shots for the day, Stewart! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Stewart! It looks like another world. I could stay there enjoying that view for a veryy long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow fantastic place. The mountain is very cool too great shot!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can imagine you love Tasmania - the views are stunning, and I love the colors there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful island Tasmania is Stewart!You were very lucky!!Amazing photos!So peaceful images!Have a great week!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stewart, Tasmania looks beautiful. I can see why you love it there. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you, Stewart, I could look at view for a long time and be very happy!
    What a wonderful looking place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tasmania must be one of the most beautiful places in Australia. We visited a couple of years ago and would love to go back again.
    I have just joined Our World Tuesday - it is great to meet another Aussie.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see why you're smitten. The view looks amazing. Hope you get to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you would love this place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Stewart! Love that water!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tasmania is atop my dream places to visit. I really appreciate your previews!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes that is beautiful, but we have lots of seemingly "the same scenes" here. I bet there are also a good biodiversity in those rocks. I am so fond of watching marine animals in rocky shores like this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That water looks crystal clear as well as having spectacular views there. Only sorry I never made it to the island.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have officially added Tasmania to my bucket list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I could look at that view for a long time, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete