Monday 26 March 2012

Our World Tuesday - one last harvest

If yesterday was the first day of autumn, then today was the last day of summer - if you see what I mean.

We have had a good crop of salad vegetables from the new raised beds – but the plants are just about at the end of their tether. We still do have more basil than we know what to do with. There is only so much pesto you can make!


For all the shots I post of the world around me, most of the time my world is contained within the boundaries of my own home – so for this week I’ll post a shot of my garden and what will be the last bowl of fresh tomatoes for the year.


You can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the pictures.

13 comments:

  1. The tomatoes look delicious; why not make your own salsa and spaghetti sauce? You can control the amount of sodium which goes in to your preserves and home canning is way better than store bought, no preservatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love tomatoes and yours do indeed look delicious, Stewart! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh. tomatoes and basil! make some spaghetti sauce! yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those look good, and it will soon, the end of April, to plant here. Boom & Gaey of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colour of happiness.

    Please have a good Tuesday.



    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me long for a homegrown tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More basil than you know what to do with .... That's a good problem to have ...it goes perfectly with tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stewart, that's a nice shot of the tomatoes. It reminded me that i should do the same with mine. I have 6 plants of tomatoes which are lusciously producing lots of fruits too, although i see them only every other week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours on those tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just luscious and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I love tomatoes and nothing beats home grown tucker !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, Stewart !
    Love the tomato's...
    Greetings from Holland,
    Anna :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just starting to think about my garden, and your season is ending. Wish I could have some of those tomatoes right now. - Margy

    ReplyDelete